Parks and Waterways Advisory Board
Appointment of a Waterways Committee or Advisory Board is provided for in Idaho Code.
Section 67-7012 states: Advisory Committee - The County Commissioners of any county
may appoint a waterways committee to serve without salary or wage in an advisory
capacity relating to maintenance and improvement of waterways and expenditure of moneys
deposited in the county vessel account. Members of this committee shall hold office at
the pleasure of the Board of County Commissioners.
The Board of County Commissioners has the final authority to expend and commit funds,
however, they will ask for comments and recommendations of decisions related to the
generation, expenditure, or commitment of waterways funds from the Parks and Waterways
Advisory Board. The goal of the Commissioners will be to seek such advice before the
Board makes decisions on fund generation or expenditure.
Guidelines for the nine member Parks and Waterways Advisory Board are as follows:
Please click here to view the Advisory Board Members
- To recommend long range general direction and goals related to the County's parks, trails, waterways, and waterways facilities.
- To act as a liaison with the public on matters concerning the County's parks, trails, waterways, and waterways facilities.
- To recommend funding priorities for parks, trails, and waterways projects and programs.
- To investigate specific problem areas and potential fund requirements as may be assigned for investigation by the Commissioners.
- The Parks and Waterways Advisory Board normally meets once per month on the third Monday of each month. The meetings are held in the County Administration Building in Room 1B from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.
2014 Parks and Waterways Advisory Board Meeting Schedule
Third Monday of each month - 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Kootenai County Administration Building - Room 1B
451 Government Way, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- January 14, 2014
- March 17, 2014
- April 21, 2014
- May 19, 2014
- June 16, 2014
- July 21, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- September 15, 2014
- October 20, 2014
- November 17, 2014
- December 15, 2014
The files listed below are in Adobe Acrobat Format. If you don't have the
Acrobat Reader, you can get it