Parks and Waterways Facilities
Click to purchase an annual boat launch pass.
Click to pay a citation fee.
Fees are as follows:
Vessels registered in Idaho:
Daily launch fee of $4 per facility per day.
Annual pass is $20 per year
Second vehicle sticker is $5.
Vessels registered outside of Idaho:
Daily launch fee of $8 per facility per day.
Annual pass is $40 per year.
Second vehicle sticker is $5.
Daily fees are valid on the date of purchase until 11:59 p.m. Annual
passes can be purchased online by clicking here and are valid from the
date of purchase through December 31 of that year.
Fee envelopes and drop boxes are available at each facility for purchase of launch fees. Annual
passes will be available for purchase at the Parks and Waterways office located at 10905 N. Ramsey
Road in Hayden, Idaho. Office hours are 8:00 - 4:30 p.m. They are also available for purchase at the County Admin Building,
at the Commissioner's Office on the 3rd floor.
At this time, the annual pass (valid at all of the following) or daily
fees are required to use the following facilities:
- Bayview public launch - Lake Pend Oreille.
- Carlin Bay public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Harrison public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Hauser Lake public launch - Hauser Lake.
- Mica Bay public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Spokane Point public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Sunup Bay public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Upper Twin Lakes public launches - Twin Lakes.
- Fernan Park public launch - Fernan Lake.
Other County-owned boat launches which do not require a fee at this time are:
- Fuller's Landing public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Gould's Landing public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Greensferry public launch - Spokane River.
- Harlow Point public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Kidd Island Bay public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene.
- Maiden Rock public launch - Spirit Lake.
- Neachen Bay public launch - Lake Coeur d'Alene
- Lower Twin Lakes public launches
- Bronze Bay public launch - Spirit Lake.
- Fernan East public launch - Fernan Lake.
Sites where the Kootenai County Annual Boat Launch Pass is NOT valid include the following:
- Farragut State Park on Lake Pend Oreille - Idaho Dept. of Parks and Recreation
- Higgen's Point on Lake Coeur d'Alene - Idaho Dept. of Parks and Recreation
- Mineral Ridge Launch on Lake Coeur d'Alene - Bureau of Land Management
- Blackwell Island Recreation Area on the Spokane River - Bureau of Land Management
- Third Street Launch in the City of Coeur d'Alene - City of Coeur d'Alene
- Q'emiln Park Launch on the Spokane River in the City of Post Falls - City of Post Falls
- Honeysuckle Boat Launch on Hayden Lake - City of Hayden
- Spirit Lake Sportsman's Access - Idaho Dept. of Fish and Game
Penalties for violations are set forth in Section 6-2-16, subsection D of the Kootenai County code as stated:
D. Fees For Noncommercial Use Of County Facilities:
1. The board shall have the authority, by resolution duly enacted, to implement fees for noncommercial use of county facilities. Fees,
the uses for which a fee is required, and any other terms and conditions concerning such fees and uses, shall be as specified in the
resolution. Any such fees shall comply with the requirements of sections 31-870 and 63-1311A, Idaho Code.
2. The county auditor shall cause all revenues from fees collected as authorized by this subsection D to be placed into a dedicated
account known as the "waterways user fee account". Such revenues shall be used solely for the operation, maintenance, and upkeep of
county facilities. The board may enter into agreements with federal, state, tribal or local entities further specifying the allocation
and use of such fees.
3. In addition to or in lieu of any infraction penalty, the director or sheriff, or designee thereof, or a court of competent
jurisdiction, may impose a surcharge of ten dollars ($10.00) for each violation of this subsection D in addition to the amount of the
applicable fee. Failure to pay any fee or surcharge imposed as authorized in this subsection D shall constitute an infraction. Upon a
conviction for any violation of this subsection D, the court may also enter a civil judgment for any unpaid fees or surcharges then
due and owing. (Ord. 402, 9-11-2007)