TO GET MARRIED IN IDAHO
Applicants 18 years of age and older are required to:
(Please click here for additional requirements for applicants 17 and under)
To apply for an Idaho marriage license, click here.
- Be getting married in Idaho
- Appear together in person in our office
- Present your government issued picture identification
- Know your social security number
- Bring your fee in either cash or card
- Cash: Monday-Friday $31 and Saturday $48
- Credit/Debit Card: Monday-Friday $32.93 and Saturday $50.44
Once we issue your marriage license to you, you will present it to the officiant of your choosing so they may perform your ceremony.
Please click here for a complimentary list of officiants.
Your license has no expiration date, witnesses are not required and there is no waiting period. You and/or your officiant do not need to be
Idaho residents, but your ceremony must be take place in the State of Idaho.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
Bring photo identification from the country in which you currently reside and
visit your nearest U.S. Social Security Office to obtain a letter verifying your
social security status, and bring it with you to our office.
TO PERFORM A MARRIAGE CEREMONY IN KOOTENAI COUNTY
- You are not required to be an Idaho resident, but the ceremony must take place in the State of Idaho.
- Please click here for further instructions.
TO CORRECT AN ALREADY ISSUED MARRIAGE LICENSE
- If there is incorrect information on your marriage license, please submit a signed and notarized Affidavit of Correction to our
office by mail or in person. To download the form, click here.