The Veterans Service Officer acts as an advocate for veterans and their dependents.
The Officer provides technical assistance in obtaining a wide range of entitled
veteran benefits, such as:
- disability compensation
- re-opened claims
- VA pensions and home loan applications
- dependency and indemnity compensation
- burial benefits
- hospitalization, medical, counseling and rehabilitation care
- correction of military records
- military retirement issues
- awards and decorations
- reemployment rights
The Veterans' Van, used to transport veterans to medical facilities in the area, may
be reserved by calling 1-800-325-7940 at least 48 hours prior to departure time.
To provide an atmosphere of caring, understanding and confidentiality, while serving
with respect and integrity, Kootenai County Veterans and Veteran's family members.
Acting as an advocate for the Veteran to the VA in filing for VA Benefits.