March 14, 2017 School District Election
Ballots will include questions for five school
- Coeur d'Alene School District 271 will have a supplemental maintenance and operations levy question & a special general
obligation bond question
- Lakeland Jt. School District 272 will have a supplemental maintenance and operations levy question & a plant
facilities reserve fund levy
- Post Falls School District 273 will have a supplemental maintenance & operations levy question
- Kootenai Jt. School District 274 will have a supplemental maintenance & operations levy question
- Plummer-Worley Jt. School District
44 will have a supplemental maintenance & operations levy question.
Only Kootenai County voters residing in these school districts are eligible to vote in this election.
Early voting will be available at the Elections Office 8AM to 5PM Monday - Friday between February 27, 2017
and March 10, 2017.
Mailed absentee ballots must be requested by March 3, 2017, using the form available by clicking here. The request can be dropped off,
emailed, mailed or faxed to the Elections Office.
Voting on Election Day:
Voters must go to their designated
polling place. To confirm your polling place location, use the Polling Place look-up
feature available by clicking here. Polls will be open from 8AM to 8PM.
The Elections Office conducts elections for Federal, State, & County Offices. We also conduct elections for 44
local taxing districts. Election dates for 2017:
- March 14
- May 16
- August 29
- November 7
Photo ID is now required to vote in Idaho. If a voter is not able to show a
required photo ID, the voter will be given the option to sign the Personal
Identity Affidavit. Please click here
for more details.
The Elections Office produces poll books and voter lists. Precinct maps,
legislative districts and Commissioner district maps are also available. The
Elections Office maintains an up-to-date list of registered voters, as well as
voting history. This information is available in hard copy as well as on CD-ROM.
Candidates filing for County office do so in the Elections Office, as well as
file financial disclosure reports there.