- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Must be 18 years of age by Election Day
- Must be a legal resident of Idaho and County 30 days prior to an election
- Must not have any legal disqualifications
You must re-register if you move or change your name.
You may register at the Elections Office located at 1808 N 3rd St. Coeur d'Alene. Registration cards are available at:
- Any City Hall in the County
- The DMV 451 Government Way, Coeur d'Alene
Cards may be returned to the Election Office at the address above or mailed to:
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Election Day Registration:
To avoid delay be sure to fill in all the boxes on the Registration card completely. Registration cards received via fax or email will
not be accepted. Registration cards must be post marked 24 days before an election when registration closes. After the close of
registration, you may register and vote on the same day (See Election Day registration below).
In the Military or living overseas?
Election Day registration is permitted at your polling place on Election Day as well as the Elections Office during Early Voting.
Proper photo identification and dated proof of residence is required.
Proof of Residency:
Have you lived within Kootenai County for at least 30 days?
To register and vote you must have lived in Kootenai County for at least 30 days
Show Proof of Residence: Examples:
Idaho driver's license or Idaho identification card
- With current address where you live
- issued at least 30 days before today's date
A document + photo ID
- Document with
- Current address where you live
- Your name
- A date 30 days before today's date
- + A government issued photo ID
Example of documents
Back to Top
Example of photo ID
- Utility bill
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Auto registration
- Rental agreement or mortgage statement
- Report Card
- Driver's License from Idaho or another state
- School ID card
Back to Top
- Must be a registered voter
- Must vote at your designated Polling place that is determined by your residence address. Click Here to find your polling place
- Must show photo identification or sign a Personal Identity Affidavit.
Click here for acceptable forms of photo identification
- Polling places are open from 8am to 8pm.
In accordance with the Help America Vote Act of 2002, each of Kootenai County's polling places includes accessible:
- Parking spaces
- Voting areas
A ballot marking device (AutoMark) is available:
Back to Top
- At every polling place during State and Federal Elections (Even Years)
- At the County Elections Office during Early Voting for all Elections.