All Jury Trials Suspended Until January 2021
In order to address the continuing rise in the incidence of COVID-19 cases in the state, foster public safety, mitigate against the spread of the coronavirus, while recognizing the substantial resources being expended despite the high incidence rate preventing the holding ofjury trials, pursuant to Idaho Court Administrative Rule 48, no jury trial, whether criminal or civil, shall corrmence in Idaho state courts before January 4,2021. This order shall not otherwise effect any deadlines in any existing pretrial orders.Read Idaho Supreme Court Order here.
Covid-19 Court Information
Pursuant to the Idaho Supreme Court’s April 22, 2020 Order: In Re: Emergency Reduction in Court Services and Limitation of Access to Court Facilities, effective May 1, 2020, courts in Kootenai County will be expanding the types of court hearings and proceedings that will be heard. However, many proceedings will not require parties or counsel to appear in person at the courthouse. Parties are urged to contact their attorney to determine the nature of any scheduled hearing or proceeding.
Please check the County’s online daily court schedule or the iCourt Portal if you believe you may have a hearing scheduled on a given day. If you have a question about any upcoming hearing or court date, please call the the Kootenai County District Court Office at (208) 446-1180.
*Please read the documents below for more information regarding attending court proceedings either in-person or virtually.
- Final Order: Mediation of Misdemeanor Criminal Cases July 30 2020
- Resumption of Jury Trials Order & Jury Questionnaire July 29 2020
- Supreme Court Order Emergency Reduction in Court Services and Limitation of Access to Court Facilities April 22 2020
- Kootenai County District Court Attendance Requirements April 29 2020
- Zoom Court Proceedings Protocol May 1 2020
- Limiting the Spread of COVID 19 May 1 2020
Kootenai County’s new iCourt website can be used to look up court calendars, case information, and pay fines or citations. To pay online, you will need your Kootenai County case number, the citation number, or the full name and date of birth of the person who was cited. If you do not have your case number or the amount due, you may obtain this information through Kootenai County iCourt website.
Public Case Information
Pay Court Fines/Fees
Pay online, over the phone, mail, drop-box, or in person by clicking here.
Many popular self-help court forms (ex. divorce, protection orders, guardenianship, etc.) may be accessed on the Idaho Supreme Court Self-Help website.
Local District Court Documents
- Application for Mental Health Court (PDF)
- Civil Jury Instructions (PDF)
- Criminal Jury Instructions (PDF)
- Defendants Written Guilty Plea (PDF)
- Defendants Written Plea (PDF)
- Mental Health Court Handbook (PDF)
- Notice of Scheduling Conference (PDF)
- Notice of Trial Setting (PDF)
- Request for Cameras in the Courtroom (PDF)
- Stipulation for Scheduling (PDF)
- Trial Exhibit List (DOC)
- Trial Exhibit List (PDF)
Your local public library may provide an appointment for free computer access and free Internet service. Please visit you local library's websites for additional information.
- Coeur d'Alene Public Library
- Community Library Network - Athol, Harrison, Hayden, Pinehurst, Post Falls, Rathdrum, Spirit Lake
Remote Court Hearing Information:
The Idaho Supreme Court provides information and support for Zoom hearings.
Kootenai County also has instructional videos for accessing Zoom hearings below.