- Candidate Information / Campaign Finance Reporting
- Campaign Finance Reporting
Campaign Finance Reporting
REMINDER: YOUR MONTHLY AND/OR ANNUAL REPORT(S) ARE ALWAYS DUE THE 10TH DAY OF THE MONTH
- Monthly reports are due for candidates once they have reached the $500 threshold in contributions or expenses if it is their active election year. Once you have reach that $500 threshold, file your first $500 report right away—do not wait until the 10th. The monthly report will still need to be submitted for the same month you filed your first $500 report. The annual report will also need to be submitted by January 10th.
- If a candidate NEVER reaches the $500 threshold, there are no reports (including the annual report) that have to be submitted.
- If a candidate reaches the $500 threshold in contributions or expenses in their non-active election year, they will still need to submit the first $500 report. They then will ONLY have to submit the annual report due on January 10th; no monthly reports will be due.
- If it is a candidate’s non-active election year and they have previously reached the $500 threshold, they will only need to file the annual report due by January 10th.
- NOTE: $1000 contributions must still be reported within 48 hours, even if it is not a candidates/office holder’s election year.
- PACs will be required to file monthly reports if they have any intention of being active for a candidate and/or measure in that particular election year. If a PAC is not active in that election year cycle, they will only be required to file their annual report.
- NOTE: $1000 PAC contributions must still be reported within 48 hours, even if a PAC does not plan to be active that election year.
- Precinct Committeemen do not need to file a C-1 or file monthly campaign finance reports.
- A Candidate/PAC’s account has to have $0 cash balance and $0 outstanding debt to be terminated. A report cannot be terminated unless these two requirements are met—reports will continue to be due. Please call our office (208-446-1030) to terminate your account; otherwise, reports will continue to be due.
Independent Expenditure Report and Electioneering Communication Report
- Candidates and PACS, please file Independent Expenditure and Electioneering Communication reports through your already created campaign finance account (link to portal).
Independent Expenditure Report
Who should file this report?
- This report should be filed according to filling requirements in I.C. 67-6611.
Additional information regarding the definition of Independent Expenditures can be found in I.C. 67-6602(11).