The Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) are looking for citizens that are interested in serving on BOCC county advisory boards. These boards offer the public a greater impact on local decision-making by providing recommendations directly to the appropriate decision makers. Applications are accepted year-round and are kept on file for a period of one year. Most appointments occur in the fall during our annual 'open application' period. Please complete a separate form for each advisory board for which you are applying.
NOTE: The Fall 2020 priority application deadline is October 31, 2020. Applications received after this date will be considered after all priority applications have been reviewed. We are currently accepting new and renewal applications for the following potential board openings:
- Airport Advisory Board (3 positions)
- Aquifer Protection District (5 positions)
- Board of Community Guardians (4 positions)
- North Idaho Fair Board (3 positions)
- Historic Preservation Commission (3 positions)
- Natural Resource Advisory Board (2 positions)
- Noxious Weed Control Board (3 positions)
- Planning & Zoning Commission (2 positions)
- Snowmobile Advisory Board (2 positions)
- Waterways Advisory Board (2 positions)
Additional information regarding individual Kootenai County Advisory Boards may be found on the left-hand side of this page. Please note that some boards have specific parameters for appointment. Contact our office if you have any questions.
- Appointments to the Noxious Weed Advisory Board require a two year commitment.
- Appointments to the Board of Community Guardians and Fair Board require a four year commitment.
- All other advisory board appointments require a three year commitment.
- Most advisory boards meet at least once per month. Noxious Weeds meets only 2 - 3 times per year. Planning & Zoning Commission usually has at least one regular meeting per month but workshops and special meetings can be as frequent as once each week.
All advisory board meetings are open to the public and are held in accordance with the Idaho Open Meeting Law.
You may fill out the online application available here, or download an advisory board application using the links below. Questions can be directed to BOCC staff at 208-446-1600.
Return completed, printed applications by emailing the Board of County Commissioners or remit by mail to:
Kootenai County Commissioners Office
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d' Alene, ID 83816