In observance of Independence Day, the Recorder’s Office will be CLOSED on Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4. Regular hours will resume Monday, July 6.


Beginning on Monday, May 4th, the Recorder’s Office will be open for walk-in service for marriage and passport applicants during the hours listed below. Customers who wish to record real estate documents may also visit the office for service, but it is encouraged that such documentation be mailed in with the correct fee and a self-addressed-stamped envelope for return mail. The property research vault will be open for customers by appointment only until further notice. Please call (208) 446-1480 to schedule those appointments. Images of documents recorded after the year 1997 are available for viewing on the Recorder website. Please utilize this resource when searching for real estate recordings after that year.

Social distancing guidelines are still in place. Please do your best to stay 6 feet away from other customers when waiting in line. Also please only visit our office with the people who are necessary. This is to limit the number of people in the building. It is strongly encouraged that marriage applicants complete the marriage application on our website before visiting the Recorder’s Office, and that all customers arrive with all necessary documentation needed for the services they are requesting.

Hours of operation


Passports: 9:00 AM to 2:45 PM

All other services: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM


Passports: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM

Marriage Licenses: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM

The Recorder's Office maintains records of all documents recorded in Kootenai County since 1881; specifically those pertaining to ownership of real property.

Records Availability

Those records are available to research and view between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday through Friday at our physical location:

451 Government Way
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Copies of recorded documents are also available for purchase at $1.00 per page.

Additional Services

In addition, we issue Idaho Marriage Licenses, County Alcohol Beverage Licenses and process U.S. Passport Applications