U.S. Passport Book & Card Application Requirements for First Time Applicants
Monday - Friday
- A Passport Book is valid for international travel by air, land, or sea.
- A Passport Card is valid for travel to and from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean by land or sea only.
Passport applicant must be present and bring with them the items required below:
- Certified copy of birth certificate (no hospital copies).
- If you have an old passport book or card you must submit it with your application.
- Passport photos required. Kootenai County does not take photos.
- Valid driver's license or government issued picture identification.
- Completed application filled out in black ink only, no white out, Social Security number required. Additional identification may be required.
Additional Requirements for Teens 16 & 17
Additional requirements for 16 and 17 years old:
- If the child has an old passport book or card, it must be submitted with your application.
- One parent must be present.
- Parent must be listed on application as emergency contact and fees must be paid by parent's check.
Additional Requirements for Children 15 & Under
Additional requirements for 15 years old and under:
- Both parents should be present (If only one parent is present a Statement of Consent (form DS 3053) must be completed.)
- If the child has an old passport book or card, it must be submitted with your application in addition to a certified birth certificate.
- If the parent's last name differs from the child's, you must present a certified copy of documentation proving relationship.
- Parents' valid driver's licenses or government issued picture identification.
- Certified copies of documentation and old passports must be temporarily surrendered at time of application; Passport Services will return these documents to the mailing address you provided after your application is processed.
- If you have international travel dates scheduled within 14 days you must make an appointment with Passport Services in Seattle to apply in person. Call 877-487-2778 or visit Travel.State. Gov's website for more information.
- View the fee calculator.