Starting on Saturday, May 18th, we will be accepting passport applications until 12:00pm.
We will no longer be accepting them until 12:45pm.
U.S. Passport Book & Card Application Requirements for First Time Applicants
Monday - Friday
- A Passport Book is valid for international travel by air, land, or sea.
- A Passport Card is valid for travel to and from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean by land or sea only.
Credit and debit card payments will be charged an extra $1.00 + 3%.
Passport applicant must be present and bring with them the items required below:
- Certified copy of birth certificate (no hospital copies).
- If you have an old passport book or card you must submit it with your application.
- Passport photos required. Kootenai County does not take photos.
- Valid driver's license or government issued picture identification.
- Completed application filled out in black ink only, no white out, Social Security number required. Additional identification may be required.
Additional Requirements for Teens 16 & 17
Additional requirements for 16 and 17 years old:
- If the child has an old passport book or card, it must be submitted with your application.
- One parent must be present.
- Parent must be listed on application as emergency contact and fees must be paid by parent's check.
Additional Requirements for Children 15 & Under
Additional requirements for 15 years old and under:
- Both parents should be present (If only one parent is present a Statement of Consent (form DS 3053) must be completed.)
- If the child has an old passport book or card, it must be submitted with your application in addition to a certified birth certificate.
- If the parent's last name differs from the child's, you must present a certified copy of documentation proving relationship.
- Parents' valid driver's licenses or government issued picture identification.
- Certified copies of documentation and old passports must be temporarily surrendered at time of application; Passport Services will return these documents to the mailing address you provided after your application is processed.
- If you have international travel dates scheduled within 14 days you must make an appointment with Passport Services in Seattle to apply in person. Call 877-487-2778 or visit Travel.State. Gov's website for more information.
- View the fee calculator.