Tax Deed Auction Update
Kootenai County will conduct its first Online Tax Deed sale, hosted by Realauction.com, on Friday, September 30th at 10am PT. The sale website will be: https://kootenai.id.realforeclose.com. To prepare our bidding customers for this transition, Realauction.com will conduct free bidder training classes via webinar for interested bidders.
In preparation for our upcoming Tax Deed Sale on Friday, September 30, 2022 Realauction.com will host a 2nd Bidder Training Webinar Class next Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 10am (PT).
Please Note-Training attendance is by registration only! Reserve your spot today!
Please visit the Realauction.com website to register: https://www.realauction.com/training
You may also call to register: 877-361-7325 or email email@example.com.
*You may access 2021 Levy Rates here. (PDF)
Steve Matheson is your Kootenai County Treasurer. He was elected as Treasurer on November 4, 2014. One of the primary goals of the Treasurer's office is to continue to enhance the excellent customer service that has been established.
The Treasurer's office has 3 primary functions for Kootenai County. They are:
- Treasurer: The responsibility as a Treasurer is to ensure all monies received by Kootenai County are deposited and accounted for in a timely manner. The Treasurer is also responsible for investing idle funds and ensuring there is adequate money available to meet the county's financial obligations.
- Tax Collector: As the tax collector, it is the Treasurer's responsibility to collect the taxes on real and personal property, on harvested timber, and the certification of special assessments for water districts, fire protection districts, and local improvement districts.
- Public Administrator:The Treasurer is also appointed as the Public Administrator in the following situations:
- Estates ordered because the State of Idaho is the heir
- The estates where there is no known heir
- For the estates where no personal representative is appointed