Your Kootenai County 2022 Tax Bills were mailed, November 23rd. The 1st half payment is due by December 20th.
New Assessor and Treasurer Public Access Portal
Starting Tuesday, October 18, the new Public Access portal, which uses a modern design which is easier to read and navigate, will be launched. This new design is also easier to read on a mobile device. To access, just click on the "Property Tax Payment & Look-Up" link on the menu to the left.
Benefits of the new site include:
*You may access 2022 Levy Rates here. (PDF)
Steve Matheson is your Kootenai County Treasurer. He was elected as Treasurer on November 4, 2014. One of the primary goals of the Treasurer's office is to continue to enhance the excellent customer service that has been established.
The Treasurer's office has 3 primary functions for Kootenai County. They are:
- Treasurer: The responsibility as a Treasurer is to ensure all monies received by Kootenai County are deposited and accounted for in a timely manner. The Treasurer is also responsible for investing idle funds and ensuring there is adequate money available to meet the county's financial obligations.
- Tax Collector: As the tax collector, it is the Treasurer's responsibility to collect the taxes on real and personal property, on harvested timber, and the certification of special assessments for water districts, fire protection districts, and local improvement districts.
- Public Administrator:The Treasurer is also appointed as the Public Administrator in the following situations:
- Estates ordered because the State of Idaho is the heir
- The estates where there is no known heir
- For the estates where no personal representative is appointed