November 2023 Consolidated Election Information
November 7, 2023 Consolidated Election
Election Day Polls will be open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Please see below for Candidate Information, as well as for details regarding Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot requests.
Please Note: Unopposed candidates will not appear on the ballot. For City Offices, only voters residing in the city limits can vote on City Candidates. For School District Trustees, only voters residing in the specific Trustee Zone can vote for the candidates in that zone.
Candidate and Ballot Question Information
November 7, 2023 Consolidated Election Ballots for Kootenai County will include candidates for:
- City Offices
- Fire District Commissioners
- School District Trustees
The following Ballot Questions will also appear on November 7th Election Ballots:
- Kootenai County Open Space Bond
- City of Harrison Local-Option Nonproperty Tax
- Kellogg Jt. School District #391 Supplemental Levy
- Mica Kidd Island Fire Protection District Base Budget Election
Deadlines for Filing for Candidates and Submission of Ballot Questions:
Candidates for City Offices
City Office Candidates filing closed September 8, 2023 at 5pm.
City Office Write-In Candidates filing closed
Fire Commissioner and School Board Trustee candidate filing closed September 8, 2023 at 5pm.
Fire Commissioner and School Board Trustee candidates to run as a write-in closed September 15, 2023 at 5pm.
Fire Commissioner and School Board Trustee candidates Withdrawal Deadline was September 22nd at 5pm.
The deadline to submit a ballot question for the November Election was September 18, 2023.
Voter Registration Deadline
- Voter Registration closes on October 13th for the November 7th Consolidated Election. Visit voteidaho.gov to register or update your voter registration!
Voters can also register and vote at the same time during Early Voting or at the polls on Election Day. Early Voting and Election Day registration requires both 30-day Proof of Residency and current Photo ID.
- To request an absentee ballot and check the status of your request please visit: https://voteidaho.gov/
- Paper requests must be personally signed by the registered voter, and can be dropped off, mailed, emailed or faxed to the Elections Office. The last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot is October 27th at 5:00 P.M. and all requests must be received at the Elections Department by this deadline. Idaho law does not allow postmarks to be valid for absentee requests.
- Early voting will be available at the Elections Department starting October 23rd, 2023 through November 3rd, 2023.
Early voting hours are Monday through Friday from 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
Logic and Accuracy Test
- The Logic and Accuracy Test is open to the public and will be held on a date To Be Determined.