**May 19 2020 Primary Voting Will Be Absentee Ballot-Mail Only**
*IDAHO’S PRIMARY ELECTION TO REMAIN ON MAY 19, WILL BE CONDUCTED BY MAIL*
1. Accordingly, the following deadlines for the May 19, 2020 Primary and Consolidated Elections apply:
a. May 19, 2020, 8 p.m.: Deadline to register to vote.
b. UPDATE: May 26, 2020, 8 p.m.: Deadline for county clerk to receive a request for absentee ballot by mail or by in person delivery.
c. UPDATE: May 26, 2020 – 8 p.m.: Deadline for requesting an absentee ballot online.
d. June 2, 2020 – 8 p.m.: Deadline for absentee ballots to be received by the county clerk.
e. June 2, 2020 – 9 p.m. Mountain Earliest time for results to be posted for May 19 Primary Election.
The purpose of primary elections in Idaho is to allow members of a recognized political party to select that party’s nominees to go on the general election ballot.
County Candidates and Precinct Committeemen Filings for the May 19, 2020 Primary Election:
1. Democratic Party District 4 Senate Seat - Sharon “Shari” L. Williams
2. Democratic Party Precinct 7 Committeeman- Paula Neils (Precinct 7)
Party ballots in Kootenai County will include candidates for:
- U.S. Senator
- Idaho 1st District U.S. Representative
- One State Senate seat in each of the county’s 3 Legislative districts
- Two State Representative seats in each of the county’s 3 Legislative districts
- Kootenai County Commissioner in District 1
- Kootenai County Commissioner in District 2
- Kootenai County Prosecuting Attorney
- Kootenai County Sheriff
- Precinct Committeemen
Party ballots will also include all Non-Partisan candidates and any ballot questions.
Non-Partisan ballots will include Judges and any ballot questions:
- Idaho Supreme Court Justice
- Court of Appeals Judge
- Bayview Water and Sewer Revenue Bond, County URD Advisory Vote and County Prison Release Facility Advisory Vote
- Mailed absentee ballots must be requested by May 19th.
- UPDATE: Please visit: https://idahovotes.gov/vote-early-idaho/ to submit an absentee request for the May 26, 2020 Primary.
- Absentee Ballots must be returned to the Elections office by 8:00 PM on June 2nd.
- To obtain an absentee ballot request form click here
- The request can be dropped off, mailed, emailed or faxed to the Elections Office.
- Registration closed on May 19th at 8:00 PM for this election.
- For more information on voter registration click here
- Party Affiliation Flow Chart May 19, 2020
- For more information on party affiliation please visit: https://www.kcgov.us/323/Party-Affiliation
Logic and Accuracy Test Monday, June 1st, 11:00 AM.
- A pre-election Logic and Accuracy Test will be held at the Elections Office at 1808 N 3rd St, Coeur d’Alene and is open to the public. This test will demonstrate the accuracy of the tabulators used to count ballots on Election Night. Those who attend will have the opportunity to observe the tabulating process and ask questions. Results will be posted after 8:00 PM on June 2nd.
- Accessibility Information for the May 19th Election
- Voters with disabilities, please contact the Elections Office at (208) 446-1030 or email email@example.com in order to discuss accommodations.