- Departments A - C
- Community Development
- Planning-Virtual Meetings
Upcoming Virtual Public Meeting
Below are the schedules for Hearing Examiner meetings, Planning Commission meetings. and BOCC Hearings. If you want to watch the meeting, select the YouTube link. To testify during the meeting please select the Zoom link for the specific meeting you are interested in below on the day and time of the respective meeting.
Hearing Examiner Dates
|Hearing Examiner Dates:||Agenda||Sign Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, June 1, 2023 6:00pm
PUBLIC HEARING – Action
1. MSP22-0007 Bennett Estates
Meeting ID: 896 1970 7204
Planning Commission Hearing Dates
|Planning Commission Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, May 25, 2023 6:00pm
Public Hearing (Action)
1. LUDC Amendment to Title 8
re: Code Enforcement
Meeting ID: 891 0316 1292
BOCC Hearing Dates
|BOCC Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Tuesday, May 11, 2023 10:00am
1. CUP22-0021 Remington Reservoir
2. VAR22-0004 Sappington Variance
3. MSP22-0004 Lakestone
Tuesday, May 11, 2023 6:00pm
1. CUP22-0010 Old Hwy 95 Storage
2. ZON22-0004 Kerr Properties
Tuesday, May 25, 2023 10:00am
1. MSF22-0004 The Club at Rock
Creek 4th Addition
2. MSP22-0004 Lakestone
Continuation of Deliberations
Public Hearing (Action)
1. APP22-0003 Appeal of MIN21-0043
To participate or listen via telephone dial
Meeting ID: 890 9976 6887
Meeting ID: 850 3013 6611
Governor Little made a proclamation that clarified Open Meeting Laws during this state of emergency include an option for communities to hear and decide applications through telecommunication devices.
Therefore, future Kootenai County public meetings will take place virtually using the Zoom online meeting application. Testimony will also be heard through the Zoom online meeting application. Public comments will be taken during the virtual public hearings by indicating a “raised hand” through the Zoom online meeting application.
For instructions on how to participate in the virtual meetings, please contact Community Development at 208-446-1070.
Future public meetings will also be available to view live on the Kootenai County YouTube channel .
Comments submitted on YouTube however will not be included in the record.
If you are interested in participating in the hearing via Zoom AND also plan to watch the YouTube livestream, please mute the device playing the livestream to eliminate echoing.
Additional information may be obtained from Kootenai County Community Development, 451 N. Government Way, P.O. Box 9000, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816-9000, 208-446-1070.
How to Participate
Preparing for the Virtual Public Hearing
- Virtual hearings are hosted through Zoom. Prior to the hearing, download the meeting software. Go to Zoom.us to learn more.
- Those that wish to testify are encouraged to test their settings using the Zoom Meeting Test. This is available at zoom.us/test.
- All hearings start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Use the link provided in the table above to attend a meeting you wish to attend/participate. It is recommended that you have the Zoom meeting portal up and ready before the meeting.
During the Virtual Public Hearing
- Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your testimony. We reserve the right to silence or remove any participant who is not respectful during public testimony.
- All public hearings are moderated by an emcee who will allow participants (called “Attendees” in Zoom) to speak in an orderly fashion similar to the typical public hearing procedures.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Zoom Help Center.