Upcoming Virtual Public Meeting
Below are the schedules for Hearing Examiner meetings, Planning Commission meetings. and BOCC Hearings. If you want to watch the meeting, select the YouTube link. To testify during the meeting please select the Zoom link for the specific meeting you are interested in below on the day and time of the respective meeting.
|Hearing Examiner Dates:||Agenda||Sign Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, August 5, 2021 6:00pm
Case No. ZON20-0004, a request by Dolan
Land Management, LLC for a Zone Change
from Restricted Residential to Commercial
of two lots measuring a total of 8.963 acres in
Thursday, August 19, 2021 6:00pm
Case No. CUP20-0009, a request by New
Life Community Church and Classical
Christian Academy for a Conditional Use
Permit to expand a Place of Worship and
|Planning Commission Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually (Zoom)||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, August 12, 2021 1:00pm
A. Case No. ORA20-0002 - Proposed
LUDC Amendment re: Huetter Corridor
B. Establish a subcommittee for special
zones or overlays.
C. Discussion on Planning Commission
Chair’s duties and succession planning.
D. Review of the Planning Commissioner
|BOCC Hearing Dates:||Agenda||Sign-Up to Testify||Testify Virtually||Watch Live (YouTube)|
Thursday, July 22, 2021 9:00am
A. Revised contract for Hearing Examiner Joan
Woodard (Action Item)
B. Authorization for legal counsel to send warning
notification letters to the property owners of the
following code violations: (Action Items)
1. CV19-0069, CV14-0118, CV19-0068, CV19-0117,
CV21-0159 - unpermitted campgrounds;
2. CV20-0386 - unpermitted junkyard and outdoor
3. CV16-0181, CV16-0174 - unpermitted junkyard
and multiple RVs
We are suggesting
call at 205-825-9699
Governor Little made a proclamation that clarified Open Meeting Laws during this state of emergency include an option for communities to hear and decide applications through telecommunication devices.
Therefore, future Kootenai County public meetings will take place virtually using the Zoom online meeting application. Testimony will also be heard through the Zoom online meeting application. Public comments will be taken during the virtual public hearings by indicating a “raised hand” through the Zoom online meeting application. If you wish to provide oral testimony for the June 18th hearing, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
For instructions on how to participate in the virtual meetings, please contact Community Development at 208-446-1070.
Future public meetings will also be available to view live on the Kootenai County YouTube channel .
Comments submitted on YouTube however will not be included in the record.
If you are interested in participating in the hearing via Zoom AND also plan to watch the YouTube livestream, please mute the device playing the livestream to eliminate echoing.
Physical attendance at the public hearings may be allowed at some point in the future with distancing guidelines IF the stay at home order (stipulating no more than ten people shall physically gather at the same time) is lifted PRIOR to the scheduled public hearing dates. Please watch the Community Development website for updates to scheduling.
Additional information may be obtained from Kootenai County Community Development, 451 N. Government Way, P.O. Box 9000, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816-9000, 208-446-1070.
How to Participate
- If you wish to provide testimony for the June 18th meeting, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
Preparing for the Virtual Public Hearing
- Virtual hearings are hosted through Zoom. Prior to the hearing, download the meeting software. Go to Zoom.us to learn more.
- Those that wish to testify are encouraged to test their settings using the Zoom Meeting Test. This is available at zoom.us/test.
- All hearings start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Use the link provided in the table above to attend a meeting you wish to attend/participate. It is recommended that you have the Zoom meeting portal up and ready before the meeting.
During the Virtual Public Hearing
- Please be patient, as this is a new process for all of us.
- Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your testimony. We reserve the right to silence or remove any participant who is not respectful during public testimony.
- All public hearings are moderated by an emcee who will allow participants (called “Attendees” in Zoom) to speak in an orderly fashion similar to the typical public hearing procedures.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Zoom Help Center.