County Commissioners-Virtual Meetings
Upcoming Virtual Public Meeting
If you would like to watch the meeting live, please select the Kootenai County YouTube link.
Opportunities for Public Comment
- To sign up to participate in the Kootenai County Hearing public hearing on Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. PLEASE complete the form available here. This meeting will be held virtually via the Zoom online meeting platform as well as live streamed on YouTube and in person at 451 Government Way, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Meeting Room 1A/B. To participate virtually, log into the meeting application using Zoom and enter the Meeting ID and password listed in the table above. As an alternative you may use your phone to dial in when prompted. (Ex. Dial 1-346-248-7799 or one of the other numbers listed. *Charge for calling will be based on rates of your phone service provider.)
- Written comments will be accepted through May 19, 2020 at 3:00pm by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments are preferred to appearing in person due to distancing issues. The commissioners read every email sent in. If you have already submitted a comment in the last 30 days, you do not need to submit another.
- With 10 signatures, one person may speak for up to 10 minutes and appear for the group. Please fill out and return attached document.
For more information, contact the Board of County Commissioners at (208) 446-1600, or email@example.com.
How to Participate
- If you wish to provide testimony for the May 19th meeting, please sign up in advance of the meeting here.
- Realizing that there is the possibility of group presentations, we ask that 10 people forfeit their time to a presenter who will be allocated 10 minutes for his/her presentation. Please fill out and return attached document.
- If you do wish to speak, we are limiting the individual comments to three minutes, as is customary in our public hearings. We also ask that once you have finished your presentation that you exit the room to allow others to speak and to permit us to adhere to the spirit of the Governor’s order.
Preparing for the Virtual Public Hearing
- Virtual hearings are hosted through Zoom. Prior to the hearing, download the meeting software. Go to Zoom.us to learn more.
- Those that wish to testify are encouraged to test their settings using the Zoom Meeting Test. This is available at zoom.us/test.
- The hearings will start promptly at 6:00 p.m. Use the link provided in the table above to attend a meeting you wish to attend/participate. It is recommended that you have the Zoom meeting portal up and ready before the meeting.
During the Virtual Public Hearing
- Please be patient, as this is a new process for all of us.
- Please be respectful of others and in the delivery of your testimony. We reserve the right to silence or remove any participant who is not respectful during public testimony.
- All public hearings are moderated by an emcee who will allow participants (called “Attendees” in Zoom) to speak in an orderly fashion similar to the typical public hearing procedures.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please contact the Zoom Help Center.