The Court can appoint the Public Defender’s Office to represent indigent persons involved in mental commitment proceedings, child protection matters, termination of parental rights, and allegations of contempt of a civil judgment. Additionally, the office is sometimes appointed to represent those in post-conviction proceedings.
If you are being sued civilly, have immigration problems, are being evicted from your home, have a worker’s compensation claim, want a divorce, etc., you may qualify for assistance from other agencies. We do not handle those types of cases. Possible agencies include:
- Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program
- Idaho State Bar Lawyer Referral Service
- Idaho Legal Aid Services, Inc.
- Fair Lending/Fair Housing Legal Advice Line
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Idaho Commission on Human Rights
- Disability Rights Idaho