Every five-years, Parks and Waterways fees are assessed by the Kootenai County Waterways Advisory Board. The Advisory Board then provides a recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners for consideration. In December of 2020, the Advisory Board recommended an increase to fees based on increased costs for operations, which the County Commissioners supported. See Resolution 2020-91 here.
The last fee increase occurred in 2014. We use funds collected from the sale of annual passes to pursue state grants necessary to make needed improvements to your boating facilities and provide ongoing maintenance. Notably, we have made more improvements to your local boating facilities in the past twelve-years than any other agency in the state! We accomplished this utilizing a combination of your boat launch fees, Waterways Improvement Fund grants, Boating Infrastructure grants, coupled with our genuine passion to provide you with the best boating facilities in the Pacific Northwest.
See new fees here
Here are just some of the projects we completed for you over the past 10-years:
- New Concrete Boat Launch at Hauser Park: $300,000
- Installation of 2 New Restroom Buildings at Hauser Park: $75,000
- Construction of a New Concrete Boat Launch, ADA Accessible Docks, and Restroom Building at Sun-Up Boat Launch: $425,000
- New Concrete Boat Launch at the Harrison Public Marina: $325,000
- New Docks and Gangway at the Upper Twin Boat Launch: $25,000
- Acquisition and development of Carlin Bay Park and Parking Area: $1,250,000
- New Restroom Building at Mowry Park: $25,000
- New Docks and Restroom Building at Mica Bay Boat Launch: $45,000
- Two 32’x28’ Picnic Shelters at Mowry Park: $60,000
- Seven Vessel Pump-Out Machines on area lakes: $60,000
- New Docks at Hauser Lake - $350,000
- New Restroom Building at Spokane Point Boat Launch - $28,000
- New Docks at Harlow Point Boat Launch - $8,000
- COMPLETED 2020!
- New Breakwater at Harrison Public Docks (Phase 1) $1,365,000
- Installed 80’ ft. of new docks at Bell Bay on Lake Coeur d’Alene
- Installed new Mooring Buoys in Aberdeen Bay on Lake Coeur d’Alene
- Installed 19 new buoys on the Spokane River
You have our word that we will continue to improve your boating facilities and other services we provide. Please contact us if there is anything we can do to improve your outdoor recreational experience.