Do I need to fill out Candidate Financial Disclosure forms?

Under new Campaign Finance guidelines, all candidates must either appoint themselves as treasurer for their campaign, or they may appoint someone else using a C-1 form. Upon receiving or expending $500, candidates are required to create a Campaign Finance account through the Secretary of State's Campaign Finance Portal and to file monthly Campaign Finance Disclosure reports during the year in which the Election for the office they are seeking is taking place. 

Current candidates and officeholders  with open reporting are required to file annual reports in non-election years.

For more information, contact the Elections Department at 208-446-1030.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do to run for office?
2. Where do I file my Declaration of Candidacy?
3. Do I need to fill out Candidate Financial Disclosure forms?
4. Do I need to file in person?
5. Why is my contact information needed?
6. Is my information displayed on your website?
7. What forms are available to me at the Elections Department?
8. Can I get a list of registered voters?
9. How do I find out who has been sent an Absentee Ballot?
10. When can I see a demonstration of the ballot counting machine?