Do both parents need to be present when applying for a minor child's passport?

Both parents must be present with their child at the time of application if the child is 15 years old or younger. If one parent is unable to appear during the application process, the non-applying parent can complete a DS-3053 form ("Statement of Consent: Issuance of a U.S. Passport to a Minor Under Age 16"). This form must be signed in front of a notary and submitted by the applying parent at the time of application, along with a front and back copy of the non-applying parent's identification. Minors who are 16 or 17 are required to apply with one parent present.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I have my passport photos taken?
2. Why do I need multiple passport photos?
3. Can I pay for my passport with cash or a credit card?
4. Does the Recorder's Office send passport renewal applications?
5. Does my child have to be present when I apply for his or her passport?
6. Do both parents need to be present when applying for a minor child's passport?
7. What is the difference between a passport book and a passport card?
8. Is the Idaho Star Card like a passport?
9. Do I need to make copies of my documentation before I apply for my passport?
10. Do I have to submit my original birth certificate with my application?
11. Are you open on the weekend?
12. Why can't I leave my documentation with you if I need to run home and get something I forgot?
13. How do I get a new certified copy of my birth certificate if I lost my original?
14. Do I need my birth certificate if I've had a passport before?
15. Can I use a cashier's check to pay for my passport?
16. Can I use glue to attach my picture to my application?
17. How do I attach my old passport to my renewal form?
18. Is it the same fee for the passport even when I am doing a renewal?