How do I get a restraining order?

If your case enters the criminal justice system, the prosecutor can ask the judge that the defendant have no contact with the victim and other persons. Victims of personal acquaintance and family violence can also go to the criminal clerk in the courthouse to obtain a "No Contact Order". No lawyer is needed to obtain this order. Contact us at 208-446-1800 for any more questions.

Show All Answers

1. When I report a crime to the police, will I be required to sign a criminal complaint?
2. Please describe what happens after a criminal complaint is filed?
3. Why does the Prosecutor's Office plea bargain with criminals?
4. How do I get a restraining order?
5. What happens when I go to court to get a restraining order?