Can I Have Multiple AG/Timber Categories on One Parcel?

Yes. For example, if you have a 10-acre parcel that has an area of forestland and an area that you farm, you can put 5ac into the timber exemption and 5 acres into the agricultural exemption.

You cannot, however, have both exemptions on the same piece of ground. For example, if you have 10 treed acres, and you graze cattle throughout the trees, you will have to choose either the grazing or the timber exemption. Keep in mind that in an instance such as this, if you choose to go into the grazing exemption and at some point decide to harvest some of your trees, you will have to pay a 3% yield tax on whatever you make from the mill.

Show All Answers

1. Can I Have Multiple AG/Timber Categories on One Parcel?
2. Do Bees Qualify for the Grazing Exemption?
3. Do I Have to Re-Apply Each Year?
4. Do Wildlife Preserves or Conservation Agreements/Easements Qualify for an Exemption?
5. How Can I Measure How Many Acres I Have of Cropland/Pasture?
6. How Do I Know I Am Receiving the Agricultural Exemption?
7. How Do I Know Which Agricultural Form To Fill Out?
8. How Is Grazing Acreage Qualified?
9. How Will My Land Be Assessed Once I Am Accepted Into The Program?
10. What Are The CRP And FSA Programs?
11. What Documents Suffice As Proof Of Income If My Parcel Is 5 Acres Or Less?
12. What Does Contiguous Mean?
13. Where Can I Find My AIN# Or Parcel#?
14. Why Is My Phone Number Required On The Application?
15. Will I Have To Pay a Yield Tax At Any Point On Agricultural Ground?
16. For Questions Or More Information