Will I Have To Pay a Yield Tax At Any Point On Agricultural Ground?

If the grazing ground is timbered or there are small areas of timbered ground included in the acres classified as cropland, the landowner will be required to pay a 3% yield tax on timber harvested and delivered to a mill. The agricultural rates per acre do not account for potential income from the trees. The total taxable value depends upon the species of trees and the quantity harvested (by the thousand board feet). Yield tax bills are processed bi-annually.

The first-half billing covers the period of January 1st – June 30th. Bills are mailed in October and are due December 20th

The second-half billing covers the period of July 1st – December 31st. Bills are mailed in March and are due June 20th.

Show All Answers

1. Can I Have Multiple AG/Timber Categories on One Parcel?
2. Do Bees Qualify for the Grazing Exemption?
3. Do I Have to Re-Apply Each Year?
4. Do Wildlife Preserves or Conservation Agreements/Easements Qualify for an Exemption?
5. How Can I Measure How Many Acres I Have of Cropland/Pasture?
6. How Do I Know I Am Receiving the Agricultural Exemption?
7. How Do I Know Which Agricultural Form To Fill Out?
8. How Is Grazing Acreage Qualified?
9. How Will My Land Be Assessed Once I Am Accepted Into The Program?
10. What Are The CRP And FSA Programs?
11. What Documents Suffice As Proof Of Income If My Parcel Is 5 Acres Or Less?
12. What Does Contiguous Mean?
13. Where Can I Find My AIN# Or Parcel#?
14. Why Is My Phone Number Required On The Application?
15. Will I Have To Pay a Yield Tax At Any Point On Agricultural Ground?
16. For Questions Or More Information