Equipment Loan Out

Woman with a sprayer backpack on walking in woods

The Kootenai County Noxious Weed Control office has an Equipment Loan-out Program. We offer the use of all equipment to landowners of Kootenai County for one week, at no cost.

To get equipment from our office, you will need:

  • Current site address and mailing address
  • Current phone number
  • A list of weeds being controlled

Click here to get a whole list of our loan out equipment.

We Will Supply You

  • A brochure that lists local businesses that carry weed control chemicals, fertilizer and seed mixes.
  • Information about local spray contractors that spray small to large acreage (landscapes to pastures).
  • Names of local companies that rent larger spray equipment (boom-type).

If you would like more information, contact us.

Red ATV with sprayer on back

Spray Equipment

We have three gallon backpack sprayers and 15-gallon and 25-gallon ATV spray tanks with pump. The spray tank needs to be connected to a 12-volt battery source, either on an ATV or in a truck. The spray nozzle is on a wand, just like the three gallon backpack sprayer. We also have booms available for the 25 gallon tank sprayers.

Fertilizer Spreaders

Kootenai County Noxious Weed Control Office now has walk behind fertilizer spreaders (holds 100 pounds of fertilizer) or ATV (or Lawn Tractor) pull behind fertilizer spreader (holds 100 pounds of fertilizer).

Small black fertilizer sprayer
ATV tractor pulling fertilizer


We also loan over the shoulder broadcast spreaders (Belly Grinder- holds 25 pounds of seed) for seeding or overseeding your pastures.

Belly Grinder broadcast spreader
Person on an ATV dragging harrow


For renovating your property we have ATV harrows which will create furrows for your grass seed and, after seeding the area, will drag the ground to cover the seed.

**THESE ARE AVAILABLE BY PICKUP ONLY** To schedule a time to pick up, please call our office at 208-446-1290.