Please see Idaho Code §31-3205 for more information
Requirements for Recording
Documents must be:
- Signed by the grantor
Most documents also require a real property legal description or recording instrument number referencing a related recorded document. Forms are available through title companies and attorneys. You can also use templates found online.
View the following link for more information: Documents Recorded by the Kootenai County Recorders Office (PDF).
Recording by Mail or in Person
- By mail: Enclose the document, correct fee, and a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your document
- In Person: Simply bring your document to our office with the correct fee; we will return the original to you at that time
View the steps on how to e-Record:
- e-Recording: Electronically record through one of our three vendors:
Requesting Copies of Recorded Documents
You can request a copy of a recorded document by mail, over the phone, or in person.
When requesting by mail, please:
- View and print the request form (PDF).
- Mail your request and payment to:
Kootenai County Recorder's Office
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
If you are unable to print our form, please send as much of the following information as possible:
- Book and page
- Check or money order; copies of recorded documents are $1 per page and an additional $1 for certification
- Instrument number
- Party names
- Please also include an additional $1 for return of your document
- Recording date
- Type of document
- Your return address and phone number, and/or email address
- Visit our office and pay the appropriate fee