The Kootenai County Elections Office offers Early Voting and Absentee ballot by mail for all Elections. You must be a registered voter who hasn't moved or changed their name since registering. Download a copy of the Absentee Voting Form (PDF).
- Available at Elections Office two to four weeks prior to an election
- Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Early voting closes at 5 p.m. on the Friday before an election
Absentee by Mail
- Complete an Absentee Ballot Request form (PDF)
- Includes the physical address and mailing address if different
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election at 5 p.m.
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Office.
- Email the Elections Office
- Fax: 208-446-2184
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Returning Your Mail Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Office in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Office
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Office, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Office by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned