Quickest and easiest way to request an absentee ballot: Visit https://voteidaho.gov/ to submit an online absentee request for 2023.
Ballots will only contain the items that you are eligible to vote on based on your residence address.
Absentee by Mail
- Complete the 2023 Absentee Request Form HERE.
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request an absentee ballot is 11 days prior to an election at
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time (Calendar year means January - December)
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Department
- Email the Elections Department
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
- Please Note: Absentee Ballots will not be forwarded, you must put the mailing address of where you want your ballot to be delivered to.
Returning Your Mail Absentee Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Department in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Department
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Department, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Department by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned