*IDAHO’S PRIMARY ELECTION TO REMAIN ON MAY 19, WILL BE CONDUCTED BY MAIL*
1. Accordingly, the following deadlines for the May 19, 2020 Primary and Consolidated Elections apply:
Please visit: https://idahovotes.gov/vote-early-idaho/ to submit an absentee request for the May 19, 2020 Primary Election.
Absentee by Mail
Download the 2020 Absentee Request Form
- Complete an absentee form after January 1, 2020.
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election at 5 p.m.
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Office.
- Email the Elections Office
- Fax: 208-446-2184
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
Returning Your Mail Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Office in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Office
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Office, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Office by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned