Please visit: https://idahovotes.gov/ to submit an absentee request and check the status of your request for the November 3, 2020 General Election.
The deadline to submit an absentee request for the November 3, 2020 General Election is October 23, 2020.
Absentee by Mail
Download the 2020 Absentee Request Form
- Complete an absentee form after January 1, 2020
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election at 5 p.m.
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Office
- Email the Elections Office
- Fax: 208-446-2184
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
Returning Your Mail Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Office in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Office
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Office, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Office by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned