Absentee form for voting in 2020 will not be available until January 2020. The Kootenai County Elections Office offers Early Voting and Absentee ballot by mail for all Elections. You must be a registered voter who hasn't moved or changed their name since registering.
- Available at Elections Office two to four weeks prior to an election
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Early voting closes at 5 p.m. on the Friday before an election
Absentee by Mail
- Complete an absentee form after January 1, 2020.
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election at 5 p.m.
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Office.
- Email the Elections Office
- Fax: 208-446-2184
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Returning Your Mail Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Office in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Office
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Office, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Office by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned