Quickest and easiest way to request an absentee ballot: Please visit https://voteidaho.gov/ to submit an online absentee request and check the status of your request for the November 2, 2021 Election.
The deadline to submit an absentee request for the November 2, 2021 Election is October 22, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Your absentee ballot will only contain the items that you are eligible to vote on based on your residence address.
Absentee by Mail
Download the 2021 Absentee Request Form
- Complete an absentee form after January 1, 2021
- Must be signed by the elector
- The last day to request a ballot by mail is 11 days prior to the election at 5 p.m.
- Absentee requests must be done on an annual basis as they are only good for one calendar year at a time (Calendar year means January - December)
- The form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to the County Elections Department
- Email the Elections Department
Kootenai County Elections
P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
Returning Your Mail Ballots
- Sign the affidavit return envelope
- Return to the Elections Department in the postage paid envelope
- Or you may drop it off in person at the Elections Department
- If you make a mistake on your ballot and need a new one please call the Elections Department, 208-446-1030 and we will send you a new ballot
- Your ballot must be to the Elections Department by Election Day at 8 p.m.
- Your vote will not be counted if the ballot is received after 8 p.m. on Election Day
- Your vote will not be counted if the affidavit on the back of the return envelope is unsigned