Current Election Information
November 3, 2020 General Election
Deadlines for Filing for Candidates and Submission of Ballot Question
August 5, 2020- First Judicial District Court Magistrate Judge
September 1, 2020- North Idaho College Trustee and Kootenai -Shoshone Soil & Water Conservation District
September 4, 2020- Ballot Question Submission
September 11, 2020 - Write-in Deadlines for Partisan and Nonpartisan Seats
November 3, 2020 Election Ballots for Kootenai County will include candidates for:
- Federal and State Offices:
- President of the United States
- Idaho U.S. Senate
- Idaho U.S. 1st District Representative
- One State Senate seat in each of the County’s 3 Legislative districts
- Two State Representative seats in each of the County’s 3 Legislative districts
- Kootenai County Offices:
- Commissioner in District 1 (4-year term)
- Commissioner in District 2 (2-year term)
- Prosecuting Attorney
First Judicial District Court Magistrate
- Kootenai-Shoshone Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor
- 4 Supervisors
- Idaho Constitution Amendment- HJR4
- Question to approve or disapprove the implementation and collection of a local vehicle registration fee for regional transportation projects
- North Kootenai Water District Revenue Bond (Precincts 5,6,12,13,14,15,16,18, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 67 for voters in district)
- North Kootenai Water District proposition of creating Water Subdistrict No. 2 in the Gozzer Ranch and Arrow Point Service Areas of the District (Only Precinct 67 for voters in district)
- Deadline for any other ballot questions is September 4, 2020
- October 9, 2020 Deadline- Voter Registration must be received by the county clerk for the November 3 General Election. (Deadline is 5 PM for paper applications or until midnight for the online applications.) Voters can register to vote at the polls on Election Day.
- Go to https://idahovotes.gov/ to register to vote.
- To request an absentee ballot and check the status of your request please visit: https://idahovotes.gov/ or download the form here: Absentee Request Form
- The request can be dropped off, mailed, emailed or faxed to the Elections Office. The last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot is October 23, 2020.
- As of now, early voting will be available at the County Elections Office starting October 19, 2020 through October 30, 2020. The Elections office is open Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM.
Logic and Accuracy Test
- The Logic and Accuracy test is open to the public and will be on Monday, November 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM.