Current Election Information
November 3, 2020 General Election
Deadlines for Filing for Candidates and Submission of Ballot Question
August 5, 2020- First Judicial District Court Magistrate Judge
September 1, 2020- North Idaho College Trustee and Kootenai -Shoshone Soil & Water Conservation District
September 4, 2020- Ballot Question Submission
September 11, 2020 - Write-in Deadlines for Partisan and Nonpartisan Seats
November 3, 2020 Election Ballots for Kootenai County will include candidates for:
- Federal and State Offices:
- President of the United States
- Idaho U.S. Senate
- Idaho U.S. 1st District Representative
- One State Senate seat in each of the County’s 3 Legislative districts
- Two State Representative seats in each of the County’s 3 Legislative districts
- Kootenai County Offices:
- Commissioner in District 1 (4-year term)
- Commissioner in District 2 (2-year term)
- Prosecuting Attorney
First Judicial District Court Magistrate
- Kootenai-Shoshone Soil & Water Conservation District Supervisor
- 4 Supervisors
- Idaho Constitution Amendment- HJR4
- Question to approve or disapprove the implementation and collection of a local vehicle registration fee for regional transportation projects
- North Kootenai Water District Revenue Bond (Precincts 5,6,12,13,14,15,16,18, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 67 for voters in district)
- North Kooteani Water District proposition of creating Water Subdistrict No. 2 in the Gozzer Ranch and Arrow Point Service Areas of the District (Only Precinct 67 for voters in district)
- Deadline for any other ballot questions is September 4, 2020
- October 9, 2020 Deadline- Voter Registration must be received by the county clerk for the November 3 General Election. (Deadline is 5 PM for paper applications or until midnight for the online applications.) Voters can register to vote at the polls on Election Day.
- Go to https://idahovotes.gov/ to register to vote.
- To request an absentee ballot and check the status of your request please visit: https://idahovotes.gov/ or download the form here: Absentee Request Form
- The request can be dropped off, mailed, emailed or faxed to the Elections Office. The last day to request a mail-in absentee ballot is October 23, 2020.
- As of now, early voting will be available at the County Elections Office starting October 19, 2020 through October 30, 2020. The Elections office is open Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM.