Dog Kennel Licenses
Dog Kennel License Information and Forms
Applications for a kennel license or renewal of a current kennel license must be made to the Board of County Commissioners. Ord. # 5.1.201B(1).
- Please fill in ALL fields of the first page of the application form with complete and detailed information.
- Save a copy of the completed form for your records.
- Contact the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office Animal Control Division (208-446-1300, Option #2) to request a physical inspection. If you are not able to print out the application, you can request a blank form from Animal Control.
- After inspection, the application and fees will need to be forwarded to the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC). All fees for kennel licenses will be collected by the BOCC staff. The mailing address for the BOCC is:
Board of County Commissioners Office, PO Box 9000, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816
Physical Address: 451 Government Way, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
- All applications will be sent to the Community Development Department (formerly Planning & Zoning) for determination as to whether or not a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) is required. If a CUP is necessary, the applicant will be contacted by Community Development for further direction. Providing an email address may assist in this process.
- After Community Development reviews the application, they will return it to the BOCC. If an email address is included in your application, you will receive notifications as your application advances through the process. Once the license is approved, you will be sent a paper license to be exhibited in your kennel.
- Dog Kennel License Application - Printable
- Dog Kennel License Application - Fillable
- Kootenai County Kennel Ordinance