Change a Mailing Address

The Assessor's Office is responsible for maintaining the property database with the correct owner name and mailing address. The Change of Address Request may not be used to change the owner's name on a property.


In order to change the address, we need to be able to identify your property or properties. Please provide the Assessor's Parcel Number or alternate identification number (AIN).

In order to change a mailing address for a parcel, the Assessor's Office requires a request from the property owner in one of a number of ways. You may fill out the online Change of Address Request form. However, it is acceptable to send your address change in a letter, on a post card, or Post Office change of address form. You may also send us a copy of your Assessment Notice or tax bill showing the change. You may send a written change of address to:

P.O. Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816 

Alternatively, you can download the Address Change form (PDF). Please save the form and email it as an attachment. Make sure to include a parcel number or physical address to the parcel(s) to which the mailing address needs to be changed and a contact number that we can reach you with any questions.

Rural Lands

Several years ago, the County re-addressed rural lands (outside any city limits) for 911 purposes (for emergency vehicles to locate properties in emergencies). Some mailing addresses were changed using a computer conversion program. However, not all addresses were included in this change. It is up to the landowner to assure that we have the correct mailing address.

If you did not receive an Assessment Notice, contact the Assessor's Office to determine what address we have on record.